Saturday, June 3, 2017

Plastic and traveling

I recently went by airplane to California. I knew that water was difficult to get without plastic in airports and on the airplane, so I brought empty water bottles with me to fill in the airport. I also brought snacks and a sandwich wrapped in cloth. This worked pretty well, except that the water fountain water tasted terrible and I couldn't get the flight attendants to refill my water bottles. What I ended up doing was getting coffee in a paper cup, rinsing that out and having the flight attendant refill the coffee cup.

Bringing food was a little more successful. I was able to avoid both having to purchase food at exorbitant prices and also the dreaded styrofoam take out container. (see left)

While in the airport, I saw the following amazing item (at right): a toilet with a rotating plastic sleeve to keep your tushi from touching the toilet seat where other people have sat. This has never been a big concern for me, but apparently it is for others. I chose not to push the button to rotate the plastic sleeve. Thankfully, it wasn't automatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment